How do I get started with Hearing Help?
There are many questions that you may have asked yourself regarding whether you have a problem hearing. Some questions are:
• Have you noticed people seem to mumble?
• Do you find yourself asking people to repeat what they have said?
• Do you find it difficult to hear in noisy places?
• Do people tell you that you talk to loud?
• Do others complain that you have the TV turned up too loud?
• Have you missed the ringing of the telephone?
• Do you sometimes hear words but you don’t understand them?
If you find yourself answering yes to some or all of the above questions, you are encouraged to have your hearing assessed. The first step is to getting started is to find a Hearing Aid Practitioner who can do a hearing assessment.
The yellow pages in your telephone book is a good first start to finding a Hearing Aid Practitioner. This way you can locate a Practitioner who is close to your home. Look under Hearing Aids in the phone book and you are on your way to locating a Hearing Aid Practitioner close to you. A physician referral is not necessary to having a hearing test done by a Hearing Aid Practitioner.
You can also utilize this website to find a Hearing Aid Practitioner who can assist you.